About Me

My photo
My name is Charlie (like you haven't worked that out!). I'm 12 years old and live in Sydney, Australia. I'm a Ragdoll puss cat and have a very laid back temperament when I'm with people I know. My favourite colour is green (grass is green and I like to eat it!), my favourite food is fish and I lurve cuddles of any description. I flop over when me Mudda says "flip flop" and I know what "breaky time" means! Breaky can be at any time of the day or night and can also occur multiple times a day! Yummo! My fur is soft as silk and I'm a bed hog! That's about it!

Monday, May 13, 2013

One Puzzled Puss!

I lie awake at night quite puzzled by the questions I'm about to put to you,
and I'm hoping someone can help shed some light.
 
After I've used my plonky box, I always run from it!
What do I think I'm running from?  Why do I need to run?
Do I feel free?  Am I running from the scene of the crime?
Or, do I just not want to miss out on all the super exciting things happening at my house?
Can somecat please help me?  Do you do that too?  Why?
 
Hmmmmmmmmm.  This is my pensive face!

9 comments:

  1. I've owned cats that did that too, Charlie. I wondered whether it was because the litter box was associated with bad smells and feeling a bit 'dirty' - and cats seem to be such clean animals that it is instinctive to put some distance between cat and litter box asap.

    It's a very good question, and I'll be very interested to see what some of the cats themselves say.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.............seeing as I no longer have a pussycat to speak for herself/himself, I will have to take a guess -but I think your behaviour, in this regard, is entirely predictable.

    You certainly appear( from your photo) to be giving it some deep thought.

    Noela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Lucy here) I understand your question as when Hannah has been to the litter box I run away! I go outside in a purpose built sand latrine which Mum rakes over and picks out lumps to flush down the toilet so I don't make a smell inside. Hannah won't use my latrine as she doesn't like sand between her toes!! The rain washes the sand (and we have plenty of rain!!) to keep it clean.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I run out of the room too, after I do my "bizness" in the box.
    Sorry, I dunno know why either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlie, I run from the box like my furs are on fire. I don't know why...it just feels good, I guess!

    Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do that too! Mommy says it's to escape the smell but she's just rude.

    xx Grayce

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are not sure what it means, but Georgia does that too!!
    Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
    Treasure,Tiger,JJ and Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are not sure what it means, either!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hawoe Twarleeyz,
    Me duz dat tuuz. i duz da bolt afta me 5 o'cwock speshul. If ya runz weel farst den da hoominz blamez it on da goggies! Pobim iz dare arnt eny goggies at my playz! It letz da hoominz no ta kleenz da pwonkee box tu!

    ReplyDelete